Sunday, April 11, 2010

goal goal goals

At the moment, I’m thinking of all the things I’d better do (Homer Simpson shaking fist) before I die, or my life just won’t be complete, I won’t be done.

In no particular order:

–learn to beekeep
–raise a seeing-eye dog
–write, nay, publish a book (on what? that still remains to be seen. i have some ideas in the chute)
–live abroad, work abroad, volunteer abroad
–become fluent in Spanish, and maybe French
–travel to Africa
–get a PhD (this is no surprise to those who know me but, I’m not sure in what yet)
–compose not-shitty lyrics to my songs
–marry my love
–learn to brew beer
–accomplish my BFF’s and my secret goal (you know who you are)
–do something worthwhile with my law degree (that’s a biggie, a BIGGIE!)
–learn to play more instruments
–get a sweet tattoo I won’t regret
–make a mark! do something worthwhile and lasting, help people
–find my niche, be really fucking awesome at something, instead of just ok at lots of things
–adopt two or three little girls from countries where they won’t be afforded any opportunity, raise them with my honey to be strong, independent, successful women who will raise strong girls of their own

I think they’re all pretty down-to-earth and doable. I try not to ask for more than my fair share of life’s good graces.

No comments:

Post a Comment